We all find ourselves in need of healing from time to time.
And there’s no shame in this; being human is tough. Healing is a natural part of everyday life.
There are many ways to heal and none of them are more ‘right’ than the others. It’s just about what you choose and commit to.
:: If you’re just broken up with the love of your life, heart healing may be in order. Not to avoid grief but to support the process.
:: If you’re days away from surgery, you may be thinking about physical healing, and what foods can help repair your tissues (avocado, pumpkin seeds, and steamed broccoli would be a good start).
:: If you’ve been revisiting a painful childhood and want to heal what still hurts, keeping a journal or writing a letter to yourself as a child might get the ball rolling.
With any type of healing, you may choose for other people to join you in the process. Healers, Doctors, nutritionists, shamans – they can offer support, guidance, and health care, but there is only one person who can actually heal you: YOU.
Yes, YOU are essential to your own healing. With the appropriate support and self-care, your body heals itself, over and over again. All you need to do is allow it.
You need to choose to heal. You need to agree to heal. And you need to commit to letting your body heal by giving it what it needs.
This means lots of sleep, healthy food, clean water, peace of mind, and following your own intuitive cues.
When you need an extra boost of healing, for any reason at all, try this Simple Self-Healing Technique:
- Find a quiet space where you can spend a few moments alone (the washroom is a great place and available almost anywhere!)
- Place your hands in prayer pose and close your eyes.
- Take a few deep breaths. Let your body relax.
- Out loud or in your head, say: ‘Thank you for the healing that flows through me.’
- Place your hands anywhere on your body that feels right.
- Again: ‘Thank you for the healing that flows through me.’
- Keep your hands where they are or move them around your body while continuing to affirm: ‘Thank you for the healing that flows through me.’
- Let whatever happens, happen (tears included)
- When it feels complete (anywhere from a few seconds to much longer), take a few deep breaths, open your eyes, and shake yourself off. Yes, just like a dog; shake, shake, shake! Or dance around a little. Move your body and picture what’s unneeded just falling away.
Repeat this simple self-healing technique any time you need a boost, and feel free to modify it to suit your preferences.
* Pay attention to the intuitive nudges or spiritual guidance you receive during these self-healings, and afterwards. You may find some wisdom to help you on your journey. *
Remember – there are lots of ways to heal, so choose what feels right and let it happen.
…… Thank you for the healing that flows through me…….